Best Beef Stoup (Soup/Stew)
- Prep Time:
- 20 minutes
- Cook Time:
- 8 hours
3-4 pounds of beef (from the round) cut into 1 inch cubes
1 large onion cut into 1/2 inch slices
1 cup shallots chopped coarse
1 1/2 cups baby carrots
1 pound small red potatoes diced or cut into 1/4 inch slices
8 ounces sliced mushrooms
3 bay leaves
1 can (10 1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth
1 cup red wine (burgundy or cabernet)
3 tablespoons beef base
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup Brooks' Original Bar-B-Q Sauce
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 cloves garlic finely chopped
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup water
3 cups water
1. Layer the beef, onions, shallots, carrots potatoes, and bay leaves in a 5-6 quart slow cooker. In a separate bowl, combine beef broth, wine, beef base, Worcestershire sauce, Brooks' Original Bar-B-Q Sauce, brown sugar, pepper and garlic. Mix well.
2. Pour mixture into the cooker over the venison and vegetables. Add approximately 3 cups of water to bring the level up.
3. Cover and cook on the low heat setting for approximately 8 - 10 hours or until the venison is tender.
4. Mix the flour and 1/4 cup water and stir into the stew. Cover and cook on the high heat setting for another hour or until slightly thickened.
5. Remove the bay leaves and enjoy!!!
*Also great with Venison and other Game Meats!
- Our Brood is Always Clucking...
Rachael Ray wasn't kidding when she said this place was Great! Valerie
The Best BBQ Chicken Anywhere (by far). Tony
"The stuff dreams are made of" ... yes, that Gooooood!!! Christine
from the chicken right down to The Service... We Were Amazed. Ann