Rosemary & Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Prep Time:
- 15 minutes
- Cook Time:
- 30 minutes
2 lbs. Red Skin Potatoes (washed with skin on)
1/4 lb Salted Butter
1 Tablespoon Dried Rosemary Leaves (better to use 2 fresh sprigs)
1 Tablespoon Garlic Salt
1/3 Cup Heavy Cream
1/3 Cup Sour Cream
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1. Quarter the potatoes and place in a pot of water. Bring to a boil and simmer until potatoes are soft enough to pierce with fork with no effort.
2. While the potatoes are simmering, melt the butter in a small sauce pan adding the rosemary after the butter is melted.
3. Let the rosemary simmer in the butter for approximately 6 - 8 minutes. Remove (or strain) the rosemary and add the garlic salt. Simmer for 30 more seconds, stirring continuously.
4. Once the potatoes are cooked, strain all of the water off and place cooked potatoes back in pot.
5. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher.
6. Place the pot back on the stove and set the heat to low.
7. Add the butter blend to the mashed potatoes. Continue mash and mix.
8. Add the cream and continue to mash and mix.
9. Add salt and black pepper and continue to mash and mix.
10. Turn off heat and add the sour cream, mash and mix.
11. Cover until service.
12. Place potatoes in serving dish and garnish with chopped parsley.
- Our Brood is Always Clucking...
Rachael Ray wasn't kidding when she said this place was Great! Valerie
The Best BBQ Chicken Anywhere (by far). Tony
"The stuff dreams are made of" ... yes, that Gooooood!!! Christine
from the chicken right down to The Service... We Were Amazed. Ann