- Prep Time:
- 15 minutes
- Cook Time:
- 10-15 minutes
2 1/4 Cup Flour
4 Teaspoons Baking Powder
2 Tablespoons Sugar
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
2/3 Cup Milk
1/3 Cup Shortening
3 Pints Strawberries
1/2 Cups Sugar
2 Cups Whipped Cream
1. Slice strawberries with 1/2 cup of sugar. Smash them together and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 425 F
3. In medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
While mixing - Place shortening until it crumbles. Resemble coarse crumbs, making a well in the center adding beaten egg and milk. Stir until just combined.
4. Place batter on cookie sheet at 425 F for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Slice partially cooled cake in half, making two layers. Place strawberries on the first layer, top with other half and finish off with strawberries and whipped cream for an enjoyable delight!
Eat and enjoy!
- Our Brood is Always Clucking...
Rachael Ray wasn't kidding when she said this place was Great! Valerie
The Best BBQ Chicken Anywhere (by far). Tony
"The stuff dreams are made of" ... yes, that Gooooood!!! Christine
from the chicken right down to The Service... We Were Amazed. Ann